MONTERREY MEXICO WEST MISSION
AUGUST 2011-AUGUST 2013





"WHAT YOU GET IN THE HEREAFTER DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE AFTER HERE"

Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011 Part 2

So family, I forgot to mention some stuff in my email earlier. That's what happens when I write emails at like some ridiculous hour of the morning and forget my notebook with all of my thoughts and reminders in it!

So, first story: This cold starts to go around in my district and I was like "No way am I going to get this." So I do pretty well at keeping away from it all and staying healthy. Then on day in class, the Elder next to me turns and sneezes all over me. I was so grossed out and it was sick nasty! So, I'm pretty sure that's how I got sick because from that day on I've had a cold. It's all better now, but it was pretty gnarly. I went and bought hand sanitizer for the class and for our classroom as well as tissues and medicine. Oh, and if you ever feel like sending me a few wallflower things (like for our classroom and my room) I would not be complaining at all!

Next, I got the package and SD card so that's awesome. I actually just lost that SD card today...but I'm sure I'll find it. Once I do I'll send you new pictures with descriptions of them all!

Second story: We were going in to teach a progressing investigator, which is really just our teacher being an investigator, and we decided to pray before we went in. So my companion and I prayed and then went in and started to talk and teach. Our investigator, Ramon, was talking about how he has had some family problems and I really felt like I needed to bear my testimony of the Lord and how he's always there for us. So I start doing it and mind you I kind of suck eggs at talking in Spanish. Like, it's just super slow and shoppy because I have to think of the best verb, conjugate it, and you know, stuff like that, but when I started talking about this topic, literally I felt like these words were just pouring out of my mouth like a waterfall. Everything I was saying just all flowed so well and I never had to stop or think about what to say next. It was so crazy. Then after our lesson was over my companion was like "That was so awesome." I had just read Taylor's thing about how he had to teach that FHE basically by himself and he described just like how it was for me. It was seriously so awesome. Since then, I don't talk like that. I still stall and sputter over the easy words, but I am progressively getting better, but I can't deny that that was the gift of tounges right there and that the Holy Ghost was all up in that room. No lie. So, it's my coolest experience to date and I thought I should share it with you.

I love you all so much,
Elder Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment