Buenos Dias!!!!
How is the life family? School, friends, girls (Austen), you know! Things here at the MTC are not too shabby. You had a lot of questions about the Elders in my district so I have a lot of answers!
Elder Mikkelsen (my companion) is from a small town in Nevada called Bunkerville and he is headed to the same mission as me. (Sometimes it's difficult not to type in Spanish.)He's pretty nice and stuff, definitely could have gotten a worse companion. so we get along pretty well. He kind of likes to micromanage sometimes, but it's no big deal. He's also a big singer and...well, it's CHOICE.
Elder Baldwin is from Burley, (unsure about that spelling) Idaho and is going to Monterrey Mexico East so he'll get to see the coast. He's a pretty funny guy, used to have way long hair and listens to metal. He reminds me a lot of Devin in his mannerisms.
Elder Terry is from Idaho, too, I don't remember where, but he is headed to the same mission as me, tambien. He is a funny guy. He gets discouraged sometimes with the language, but I'm trying to encourage him to just keep working at it. I know he'll get the hang of this stuff. He's got this knee brace he pulls out at gym time at it is the most disgusting thing I have ever smelt. Seriously, I run out of the room yelling crap because it's that bad.
Elder Peterson is from...shoot, I literally don't even remember but I think it's in the northeast of the U.S. but he used to go to BYU, too and he's headed the same place as us. He's way awesome. Really relaxed and is just a goofy guy. We're going to be friends at BYU after the mission and he wants to get a house and room together so he can getg a bull mastiff (you know, the dog?). Anyway, we'll see.
Elder Erwin is a total Matt Gallego and Chandler Gallego combo. He is constantly bouncing off of walls and stuff and just sprained his ankle last Saturday doing service. So now he's rocking the crutches, which is super funny. Anyway, he's from...yeah blanking on that one, too but he's headed to the same mission as us.
Elder Johnson is actually from Gilbert, Az and he is super cool. He's like 6' 4" and is just a big guy, but the nicest and funniest kid. He's got some gas problems, though. He's headed to Peru (not Lima but somewhere else) and he'll be leaving the MTC just next week, but it's cool because we have plans to go to Arizonan restaraunts when we get back (just some fast Sunday talk).
Elder Christiansen is a character. He's from Idaho, too and is also going to Peru, but he is like a total unique comedian. It is too funny. He got Kirby Epic Yarn patches sent to him? He has no idea what he's going to do with them, so we're going to iron them onto the back of his suit pants, most likely. One on each cheek. He leaves in two weeks as well.
Elder Hoffman is a really outgoing and funny kid. He's from Ogden, Utah and it going to Kito, Equador. He is just really goofy and doesn't take much seriously, but can work hard at the same time, too. He also leaves in two weeks.
Elder Alvey is, pretty unique. He is really funny sometimes and other times his mannerisms come off as a little weird but I love the guy. He's got a girlfriend that writes him twelve page letters so we always give him crap. I let him live in his fantasy land, though. I forgot where he's from but he's going to Kito, Equador and leaves in two weeks like the others.
Elder Whittwer is like the funniest guy of all time. Totally reminds me of like an Aaron Lambert (who I don't really know) and Tanner Bryant mixed into one. He just says the funniest stuff out of nowhere all day. He's headed to Kito, Equador and leaves in two.
Elder Maughn is totally hilarious. He's like a little bit nerdy, but that stuff makes no difference after high school. He is so freaking goofy and just has a sense of humor like so similar to mine. He's seen some tough times in his life and he's just awesome. He's going to Kito, Equador and is leaving in two weeks as well.
So half the district takes off in two weeks, so that will be a bummer, but you know. They're all headed to the MTC in Peru. The district is awesome, though. They're all making huge strides in Spanish and are adjusting to the missionary life real well. It's so awesome and I'm like legitly proud of them. My spanish is progressing really well, as well. I use it as much as possible. Sometimes it's difficult to understand other people (like the people we teach and stuff like that) but I never get discouraged. I just write down what I don't know and I keep pushing through. It is awesome. Really, I've learned more here in the short time I've been here than I did in my two years of high school and working at Nando's.
My teachers are...also pretty unique. We have two, as well as another who come in to "help" my district when they have questions. One of them constantly discourages my district, which really upsets me but there's nothing I can do so I just tell them to take the good advice that will actually help them and block out the rest. Another is this Marine guy who is the ULTIMATE micromanager. If I weren't in the MTC, a District Leader, or any of that? We would not get along at all. I HATE being micormanaged and guess what? 95% of life at the MTC is under heavy micromanagement. It makes it difficult sometimes to be able to be patient with all of that, but for the most part I do okay. I just keep remembering why I'm here, who I'm preparing to serve, and that I am a representative of Jesus Christ. It's all about learning and growning. My last teacher is the bomb. He is totally a shorter, straight version of Bob, for real. He's constantly telling jokes, is really sarcastic, and when it gets down to serious stuff he is so down to earth and so not fake like my other teachers. He told us the other day that "It's not about you anymore. You've gone through the temple and you've been baptized. You're good. It's about the people." I so want to bring these people the message of the restored gospel and let them know how much Christ loves them. I am not here for myself in anyway, it is all for the Lord and for the people.
This week has been pretty good, though. They start going by a lot faster than they did at the beginning. I've been talking to Spencer like everywhere, which is totally awesome. He lives just on the floor above me so I always go up there and kick it with him for the last while of the day. It's so awesome to see him here. I have some pictures I'll send home of us and I know he does, too.
I'm trying to think of more highlights of the week, but I'm struggling.
At breakfast like two days ago, Elder Baldwin like coughed up this disgusting strand of like...brace yourself...like this snot-blood while eating? As soon as that went down, Elder Johnson (the big guy) stand up and says "What is that?! What is that? What is that?!" And like leaves the table fast. Totally the funniest thing.
Yesterday was a really trying day for me. I never do well with fast Sundays, and when I do it's because I have dinner like around 2pm, but you are like basically forced to fast on fast Sunday and that gets difficult for me. By about 2pm, I had the worst migrane in sacrament meeting and like could not even look at the people sharing their testimonies in Spanish. I was two seconds away from throwing up and had the shakes like no other. The entire day I was rollin' with this headache and it was just horrible. I felt like garbage even after I ate and drank, and it was just really bad. So like, if you could send me some snacks or something like that, that would be way good. I made it thorugh and prayed a lot, but it was a horrible day.
Other than that, everything is going great! We get a new district in our zone this week and I'm starting this game in my district that the rest of the zone does where they have five cards in their front pocket and anytime someone speaks English, someone gets to take a card from them and add it to theirs. It's funny just ripping cards out of people's pockets and stuff and since it's competitive I think my district will do well with it.
Also, tell Sister Bench that I talked with Sister Brown about her!
So, things that I need are:
-Like 4 more t-shirts. I didn't plan on using one everyday but with gym time and stuff, I'm going to need them. So they can be like my shirts in Austen's closet or whatever, I know you'll hook me up, Aunt Stephy.
-I need 4 more pairs of shorts. I really like the ones i have that are just plain black with pockets, but I know those are comodities so if you can't get a hold of them, that's okay too, I just need some.
-Like two pairs of sweatpants. Not like Choncho sweats, but like the thin, athletic ones? Hopefully that makes sense.
-Kelsi Johnson's address! I have no idea how you'd get a hold of that but if worse comes to worse, write on her Facebook and tell her to write me :D
-Nyal's address (I don't think that one was included with the email addresses you sent me so that one would be awesome)
-Some Excedrin
-A carabeaner. Do you know what that is? Like the clip kind of thing I kept all my keys on? The strap on the bag I have broke, but I've been able to jerryrig it into working for now, but a carabeaner like thing would be awesome to have to make it work a little better.
-For the snacks, I'm thinking like some Cars fruitsnacks, Ritz bits cheese, chips, goldfish, you know, whatever stuff like that. Maybe some beef jerkey? You decide, but just some stuff would be totally awesome. (Fast Sunday was Hell...)
-Also, if you have any of those picture card things of the Reflections of Christ, those would be awesome. I have one, but you can never have too many pictures of Christ, right?
-And any pictures you want to send!
I'll send my SD card probably later today, except the mail won't pick up until tomorrow. If you could send me the other one back, too, that'd be sweet, just so we can keep the pictures coming, you know.
Also, let Maddy Cypert know she should totally write me a letter. I see 8:08 all the time and it makes me think of her.
Austen, you're totally awesome. Do your best in school. That's where all your effort and focus needs to be. If you do well in highschool, you won't have to make up for it afterwards like I did. Have fun, yeah, but keep your grades up. All of my friends had close to 4.0's or 4.0 GPA's in highschool. I was like one of the only ones who sucked it up and I don't want the same for you. You are so awesome and I love you so much. Keep being you and don't ever be influenced for the negative no matter what is around you. Keep Christ in your heart.
Savy, you are the best. Keep doing what you're doing and being who you are. There isn't anybody on the planet who doesn't love you. Keep the boys away and write Taylor a letter <3 He'll love that. But seriously, you're such an awesome girl and I miss you like crazy.
Dylan, you are a flippin' comedian. Stay the same for your whole life, never lose that spunk and love for fun. You love it, everyone around you loves it, I love it, you are da bomb. Keep having fun and living it up.
Reese, I'll keep yours short. Don't be the devil. No one likes it but you. I love you tons <3
UD, could you send me any Spanish verbs you found really useful on your mission that I may not learn here or anything like that? Also, half of the district that comes in on Wednesday are going to the DR. You are the best. Your managing of me seems like a dream compared to what I get here. I am so grateful for you and there is no way I could ever repay you for all you have done for me and all you have taught me. I always look up to you even if I don't say it. It's the Wheeler in me that stops me from being sentimental, but really, you are the best parent I could have ever hoped for.
Aunt Stephy, you're the bomb. Thank you for the letters everyday, they are so awesome. Even if they're short, even if they're about nothing, it's just nice to get something everyday. I love you so much. If it weren't for you, I probably would have gone crazy and been too mentally unstable to serve a mission. I love you so, so much and I am completely in your debt for everything you have done for me, too. Really, despite the fact that we're both messed up, I'm so happy to have you. You've been my best friend for years. I love you so much.
All of you, I love so much and I know that Jesus Christ is the head of this church. This is His work and His glory. I am here to be an instrument in His hands, wherever He needs me to be. I know that he suffered for each one of us. He knows us. He knows exactly what we've experienced and He is the only one who does. I have such an incredible love for Him and will constantly submit my will to His, and I know this is where He would have me now. I know that The Book of Mormon is another Testament of Christ in the Americas. I know this because I have received a witness of it. I prayed about the book and got an answer from God. I know that is something anyone and everyone can do. It is something everyone should do and whoever is reading this, if you haven't read the Book of Mormon or prayed about it, do it. I promise you will receive a witness of its truthfulness and will know that Christ lives. Then you will know why I'm here and why this is a knowledge I have that I cannot hide. I need to share it with everyone, and that means you here now and those in Mexico. I love this Gospel and I know more than anything that it is true. I know God lives and that He loves each of us. Every single one.
Yo se que Jesucristo es el Redentor. Yo se que esta iglesia es verdadero y tiene el Evangelio de Cristo. Yo se Dios ama todas su hijos y pedi ayudarnos con algo. Yo tengo bien amor para Jesucrist y para Dios y todos los bendiciones dan a mi, por yo tengo muchos bendiciones. Yo se que El Libro de Mormon es un otra testimonio de Jesucristo y es la verdad y si yo se este, yo se que Jose Smith y la restoracion son verdadero. Me encantan esta iglesia. Yo se que la verdad de esta. Dare algo por Jesucristo y yo se que esta es donde me quiere.
I love you family,
Elder Wheeler
No comments:
Post a Comment