Heya!
I`m glad to hear things are rocking there with all of you! And that Sav`s birthday rocked! Totally wish I could head out to Cali with you all! Next time, right?
Life here in Monterrey is good! It`s starting to get hot here, but nothing I didn`t expect! And I`m using the same dumb computer again so these pictures might not come through...Don`t ask me how I ended up on this thing again.
Anyway, this week we found a less active family who have two kids, Melisa and Alex (We always call him Alex the Lion) and they`ve been to church before, but they were able to be baptized this last Sunday and it was the coolest! They were so excited all week and loved it. I baptized Melisa, whose eight, and Elder Cisneros baptized Alex the Lion. They`re whole family, like extended family and everything are all members, and they all came. It was a packed baptisimal service! But it was great.
Other than that, things are just going good! Just working hard but not getting too worked up over things! I definitely am loving it.
Daniel was able to come to church this Sunday and recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost! It was awesome. First of all, I don`t think I told you his story. Well, he`s a little...different like I said, but he sells roses in the street for a living, he`s 43 and lives with his mom. He`s a great guy, just talks a lot and is a little...well like I said, different. But anyway, he got hit by a car about two weeks ago and broke his leg! So he`s been shut up at home for a while, but the members have been awesome in visiting him and everything and he was so stoked to come to church and be confirmed, so we went by on Sunday and he came to church with his broken leg and everything! With his crutches and all of that and he was so happy. It was awesome to see. Also, Juan and Angelica Nunez, my first converts, spoke on Sunday! I knew I`d see them speak before I left this area and it was awesome. Juan spoke on prayer and Angelica on the day of rest. They are so awesome and their talks totally ruled รง. Beat all the talks I`ve ever given, and it was just so awesome to see.
So I`ve been here in Solidaridad for forever, even though our area split and the ward changed, but it`s so awesome getting to know everyone and learning how they all became members and seeing them grow and serve one another. They`re all my friends and it totally is awesome, but in four weeks I`ll take off from this area and head to another, I`m almost 100% sure of it. I still have some time here, but I really am grateful to have such a great first area.
Life in the mission is great! I couldn`t be happier out here. Love you all and everything you do for me! I honestly couldn`t be here if it weren`t for you Aunt Steph, Uncle Dan, and Granny. Thanks for everything! I pray for you all all the time!
As for your questions!
-Where is Elder Cisneros from?
Elder Cisneros is from the State of Mexico, a city called Tlalmnebantla! No idea where that is or if that`s even spelled right, but he`s awesome!
-Was he always a member or a convert?
He`s a great guy. His dad he doesn`t hardly know, his momm died and that`s why he left late on the mission. He`s always been a member and his Grandma dies while he was out here. His sister is a member, but lives with her boyfriend who isn`t married and has two kids. He`s got almost no support or family, but he`s stuck through till the end and is just an awesome guy.
-Did you ever get the ties, socks, monkey I sent?
Mmmm...I haven`t gotten anything yet...It`s possible that it`s still coming...I think I`ll head to the offices on the 19th so I`ll have to let you know then. I`m serious about the virgin mary stickers, too by the way.
Thanks for everything and I know this work is true! I see some miracles happen out here everyday. I`m so grateful for all of you and have a totally awesome week!
Much love,
Elder Wheeler
No comments:
Post a Comment