Heya!!!!
How´s it going?? Sounds like things are TOTALLY SWEET at home! Good news. I´m really glad things are going well while I´m away! Sad about selling the cabin, but it´s not like we´ll be taking less family vacations or anything! :D
Nyal = Awesome. BYU When I get back, definitely happening. Elder Rogers is getting his plans together to go there and a buddy of mine named Elder Johnson, too! We´ll see how it all turns out, but I am for sure going there. Tell Taylor that he´s got to go there, too. No other option!
Anyway, this week has been great! Nothing bad to report! We have Vania´s baptism this weekend and half her family are catholics and the other half members and she´s talked with missionaries like her whole life and knows all the stuff we have to teach, but she decided to get baptized when we first met her last monday! We taught a little about baptism (and she already knew all of it) and asked her if she would be baptized and she accepted! She´s 15 and awesome so I´ll let you know how that goes this weekend!
As for other things, yesterday morning I found two cockraoches MATING in the bathroom. Totally sick. Totally innapropriate. So I killed them both. With a shoe that´s not mine.
Totally went to the nicest neighborhood of my whole life this week, too. It was gated, the houses were made of WOOD, there was AC, and CARPET. I´m so Mexicanized. It was seriously a totally weird thing though because everything here is cement, sweaty hot, and cement. EVERYTHING. So that was an experience!
THE AMAZING U.S. NEIGHBORHOOD
As for something mildly funny and something mildly cool, this week we had someone get out of his taxi, clearly drunk out of his minds (like 60% of the people in the streets here) and he told us that he needed direction in his life. We were on our way to an appointment and he said God put us in his path. I agreed with him, that it was probably true and offerend him a pamphlet and asked for his address so we could go to his house when we were free later that day. He said no, that he didn´t need a pamphlet, but diection. I explained to him that is exacly what the pamphlet does. It explains things that we need to do in our lives to really be happy and be on the path as followers of Jesus Chrsit. He told me that if we did not get in that taxi with him right then, then we weren´t of God. I obviosuly didn´t want him to think we were not of God because I know we are, so I told him NO. I´M NOT AN IDIOT! I didn´t say I´m not an idiot, but I mean really? So he said then you´re not sent from God, rejected my pamphlet and got into his taxi and left. Then a different taxi driver passed by and told us never to go with that guy because he just gets in taxis and never has anywhere to go. He just gets in and doesn´t say anything apparently. Some people.
This weekend we had a ward activity where the families came together on Saturday morning and we all went out and gave pamphlets to people and knocked on doors and invited people to come to church! They came back with tons of addresses of people who seemed interested and that´s what we´ll be working on this week. Our ward totally rocks! And it was awesome. They all had experiences of getting totally rejected or finding awesome people, and they are so much more excited about the missionary work than they were before (which was already pretty excited).
So things should be awesome.
Your questions!
-What's your favorite thing to eat there?
My favorite thing are the campechanas and hamburgers! But sometimes they go bad with my stomach.....
-What's the nastiest thing you've eaten there?
Hmm...I think it would be fruit with chile. They put chili powder on all of their delicious fruit! It´s so bad. As for other stuff, I´ve never really had something DISGUSTING. Like a whole fish that looks at me while I eat or some stuff that really wrecks my insides, but nothing really gross, thankfully. I steer clear of all that.
-You look skinner if that's even possible…have you lost weight or is it my imagination?
I´m TOTALLY LOSING WEIGHT. I can barely use one of the belts I have and all kinds of stuff, but no worries! I don´t need any new stuff!
-How many missionaries are in your mission?
I think there are about...170? Something like that.
-Why are you so dang adorable?
No comment :D
You are THE BOMB and thanks for everything you do for me! seriously, the mission would be 68465165 times harder if it weren´t for you! I pray for you all the time and I know this church is the one that´s true and stuff.
You´re the bomb!
Much love,
Elder Wheeler
Me and a poster. The guy looks TOTALLY LIKE JAKE MCDANIEL :D
No comments:
Post a Comment