On a bridge in an alley!
Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey! How´s it going?? It sounds like everything is going totally awesome!! Hawaii, campouts, SWIMMING! I´m totally going swimming. Like 14 months! That´s awesome, though!
Things with me are going pretty well, too! We´re just working hard and just like there in Mesa-town, it´s getting a little bit hot. And then the next day it rains? The weather is super weird here, but I´m okay with it! The work is picking up a little as well and we´re totally stoked about that! We didn´t have any baptisms this week, but we have some good people we´re going to start teaching this week. I have high hopes! I´ll let you know how it goes. As of right now, we had three people in church yesterday, but one is a couple who aren´t married and have like a one year old kid and really have economic problems, but we´re going to see about helping them get married so that they can be baptized. I´m not 100% sure about them, but I will definitely keep you posted. The other was Octaviano, who is awesome. His house is TOTALLY early 80´s. It´s like stepping into a time machiene. It´s because his wife died in December and he doesn´t have hardly any family that visits him, but he came to church. He is the type of person who almost never smiles, I´d imagine because of all the hard things he´s been through, but at church he was totally happy. The only other time he smiled was when he made a joke about Alma (because here Alma is a girls name) so he asked if it was a girl. I told him no. He asked if he was a transvestite, and then started to laugh. Old people are so ridiculously funny. What a weirdo but he is so awesome. He´s going to get baptized on June 29th, his wife´s birthday.
As for other things, I gave Elder Rogers a picture of us on Haloween when he was Hitler and I was a zombie. He put it in a photo album next to a picture of us now. We showed them to Sister Romney and she was cracking up. She´s totally the bomb.
Other than that, there isn´t too much going on! We´ve got a ward activity this week that we planned and the ward is going to go out and knock on doors and invite people to church! It´s going to be awesome. We also bought a hammock, and we´re trying to work out the kinks with it. We´ve fallen a couple of times and made some holes in the wall, but you know. It was like 12 dollars! Mexcio is sweet.
As for your questions!
Are you in an apartment with another set of missionaries?
Nope! It´s just me and Elder Jesnen! And it gets SUPER hot in our apartment because it´s on the second story. And we have no warm water, which isn´t a problem because it´s Summer. Bathing with cold water is totally cool by me. Also, definitely have to shower twice a day because of how disgustingly sweaty I get...
What is the ward like?
The ward is totally awesome! they all see that we haven´t had baptisms in this area for 4 months and so they always give of references to visit and are totally getting excited to help out in the missionary work. They seem like an awesome ward!
Has it gotten hot there yet?
Here, it´s gotten up to about 46 degrees Celsius? Not sure what that is in Fahrenheit, but I know that´s it´s way too hot!
Life here is awesome! Thanks for all that you do. YOU ARE THE BEST FAMILY EVER!
Much love,
Elder Wheeler
Totally found that chair sitting out in the middle of nowhere. I was a little worried about sitting on it at first because you can´t trust anything here.
No comments:
Post a Comment