MONTERREY MEXICO WEST MISSION
AUGUST 2011-AUGUST 2013





"WHAT YOU GET IN THE HEREAFTER DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE AFTER HERE"

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 19, 2013

February 19, 2013


Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

What's new, fam? Everything here with me is going well. Thanks for sharing what you did with me, Aunt Steph. Sounds like everyone is doing well. Roc, 8? What the old? That's totally crazy. Also, Happy Birthday to Granny Dinah and Aunt Deana! I love you!

Well, this week was a little rough work-wise because we had to drop all of our investigators. We taught them almost all the lessons, almost all had gone to church, but in the end, for one reason or another, the just don't want to be baptized. I literally think the things we could have done more are very few. I wrote them all letters, we taught them and the completely understood the doctrine, they just didn't want to change. It made me feel sad because I don't know what more I could have done, but I hope that one day, when they really need God, they will know exactly where to find Him and what they need to do. It's this sort of thing that has happened to me a lot lately, but my purpose is to invite them all and make sure there's no way that they can misunderstand what they need to do. From there, it all rests on them. They've felt the spirit and they know it's true, too. So one day.

Anyway, this week my comp hurt his leg and so he walked around one day with a flippin' cane and I died laughing all day and took pictures because it was totally hilarious. 


Apart from that, really the week was pretty uneventful. We looked for a lot of less actives, I hate stray dogs (literally just random dogs follow us everywhere. Sometimes there are up to seven at one time. It's not okay.), and that's honestly pretty much it.

 Me, looking for someone's address in a line of houses in the middle of nowhere that do not have numbers. The only way to do it is knock on their doors and ask if they know the person we're looking for. Classy.

 A sticky note that I found on the ground.

Me cutting wood with a machete for an hermano.


Your questions:
1. How many members are in your branch?
On the lists there are well over 400 but this last Sunday we had 67 people in church, inculding us.

2. Do you have an actual ward building?
We have a chapel that's about thirty years old. It's the only one here that hasn't been renovated because a lot of members are not paying their tithing. This district was fromed over 50 years ago. Our branch split from another about 30 years ago, so there are two chapels in Sabinas, and ours is the old, more scabby one.

3. What's your favorite thing to eat there in Mexico?
Honestly, a lot of the food is not even that good. Like most of the good food comes from the South. The things I like are Campechanas, Enfrijoladas (Southern so we never get to eat it), and burritos.

4. Why are we so obcessed with you??
:D

5. Did you ever get the package with the hand warmers and stuff in it?? We just mailed you a Valentine's package too so watch for that. :)
I still have not recieved any packages. Did you send it to my address or to the mission? We have interviews this week so it may come with the prez when they come, but apart from that I have recieved nothing.

6. What's your favorite sweet treat there?
Also going to be honest, all of the candy is gross. They put spicy powder on EVERYTHING and it is so not good. My favorite thing is called a Negrito and it is like a donut covered in chocolate and has a picture of a black kid on the front with an afro. Completely racist and basically the bomb.

7. At the 711 there can you get american stuff like mt dew or flaming hot cheetohs?
There aren't any 7 11's here. They're only in Monterrey and I am over five hours away from the city of Monterrey (I'm actually in a different state), but the don't sell Mountian Dew. It's almost impossible to find. They do sell Dr. Peppers there. And flaming hot cheetos are in all the gas stations, but they are not as good. They're all cheapy, like, they taste like they cut a lot of corners and costs to make them. So I never buy them. Ever.

Anyway, that's pretty much me! 
Thanks for being the bomb.

Much love,
Elder Wheeler

Just had to remember this truck and it's trailer twin.

No comments:

Post a Comment