Hey Fam,
Glad to hear things are going good. Thanks for the email, UD. Austen, you´re the man. I miss you all tons!
This week wasn´t too bad. We´re trying some new stuff in the branch like an ongoing game to try and help the members share the gospel a little more as well as Missionary Capacitation classes to the members to help them feel more prepared to share things about the church. Hopefully they´ll go well. It´s the first week for them both, so I´ll let you know. We also have someone named Jorge, who is the boyfriend of a member who says that he wants to get baptized on the 24th of March! So that is also exciting because it has been a while since I´ve met someone who actually wants to get baptized. I may not be here in that time, but it is good news either way.
Cool sky.
Also, it looks like our mission will be splitting in July. Because of the change of the depature age of the new missionaries, there are going to be 58 new missions in the world, and eight will be in Mexico. So on July first the Monterrey Mexico West Mission will divide in half, creating the Mexico Saltillo Mission. Right now, my area pertains to the Mexico Saltillo Mission but I have a feeling I´ll get sent back to Monterrey before the mission splits. Either way, I'll let you know.
As for other things, everything is pretty much normal here. They gave me the chance to give a talk yesterday and told me five minutes before sacrament meeting (hate that) but it turned out okay. The members here are a lot of times difficult to work with, but what´s new? Packages, I haven´t recieved any...so yeah...don´t know anything there.
But anyway, I´m pretty sure that´s all that´s new with me. It´s super windy today. Sometimes I feel like I live in a crazytown and that there are too few normal people, and then I relaize that it's true. But life is good. I'm glad I'm here, even if I miss home like freakin' crazy!
Dogs. There was 17 dogs following us on Tuesday.
Thanks for all you do, fam.
Much love,
Elder Wheeler
No comments:
Post a Comment