Buenos Dias Familia!
This week has really gone by way faster than the last since I've been here. I almost can't even remeber half of the stuff I've done, for real. Right now Spencer and I are doing laundry as we speak! It's awesome having him around but he leaves in like a week and a half I'm pretty sure. He's got something like 40 hours of travel to do to get to South Africa. We seriously buy Choco Tacos out the wazoo and make the vending machines run out of stock like on a daily basis.
Oh yeah, happy birthday to Anika and Lenor! I miss Anika's but hopefully she'll be okay with that. No two year grudge or anything like that.
Also, I got called to be the Zone Leader yesterday. It was ridiculous. My buddy, the old Zone Leader, was just smiling the whole time after sacrament. I kept asking him, "Cual es su problema?" and here we are. I don't know half of what I should about being a Zone Leader, and I didn't about being a District Leader either, but I am ready to do my best and serve all the other Elders in my zone. That's what I love most about being in a position like that is just the service of the Elders and Sisters that I think are so awesome. So, for now I am Zone Leader and District Leader until they call a new Districlt Leader.
Half of my district are leaving to the Peru MTC on Wednesday. It is a bummer, but I know they'll learn so much there, especially Spanish. These fellas are the funniest guys I have met ever. Seriously, total clowns. It is the best. They've been an awesome district and it's seriously been an honor to serve and help them while they've been here. I am getting their name's and contact info for after the mish. You know.
The Spanish is just progressing. It can seem overwhelming or the stuff I don't know gets difficult, so I practice what I struggle with the most, the most often. I really want to know as much as I can before I get out in the feild.
Spencer and I just bought more Choco Tacos just now.
Oh, I've been seeing Kyle Syndergaard everywhere around here, too! You know, one of my roommates from BYU-I? It's totally awesome. He's only here for a short amount of time (3 weeks) but it's way cool. Also, they started this brand new program in the MTC that they implimented in mid August I think it was? Anyway, we're like one of the first groups to go through it and it's just all Spanish. We teach progressing investigators everyday and our teachers speak not a lot of English to us. Apparently we are in the intermediate group, but with the new program all forgien language speakers stay the whole 9 weeks, or if it's a tough language it's 11 weeks. I was walking by a Korean classroom yesterday and saw some writing on the board? I'm glad I'm going to Mexico, that's for sure! That crap is like shapes and I don't even know what!
Oh, and I always say hi to people in whatever language their speaking on their missions. I've learned a whole bunch of them, mostly Asian ones though ONLY BECAUSE OUR BUILDING IS SHARED WITH THEM. It has nothing to do with me being Asian, despite the fact that I am literally the only Asian I've seen going Spanish speaking. I wonder how many Asian people I'll actually see in Mexico? We estimated I'm one of one million.
I got those addresses and all your letters. Thank you so much. It's awesome getting mail literally everyday.
Also, you would die in out branch councils. It's always, "This sister didn't get mail for two days and it's been difficult on her" or "We got to bed two minutes late last night so we're really going to try and work on that"
It reminds me of School of Rock when the principle is talking about the food touching in the cafeteria and how it's this huge issue. It's just al interesting. I am constantly trying to better myself, though. You know me and my many shortcomings.
Also, I'm excited to help all of the new missionaries get going here in the MTC. That's probably going to be my favorite part about being a Zone Leader.
Oh, tell Sister Gygi that Elder Armstrong from Sandy Utah is in my Zone. He's the district leader for 12-E. I sent Taylor an email last week, but I got nothing back. hopefully that email address was right? It wasn't one for lds mail.
Anyway, Spencer is seriously cracking me up right now.
Some funny things that happened this week are: last night, one of my roommates said he would pay $100 to go on a date with a girl. One of my roommates talks in his sleep and it's funny as anything. One room in my district has caught three mice with the same glue trap. They literally cut out the mouse from the glue trap (so there was like a hole in the trap, they didn't cut the mouse) and then caught two more with that same trap. Ridiculous. I rock the top bunk and I have to like do some hardcore parkour to get onto my bed because there's no ladder? It seems like a useful thing to have; I'll probably drop a note in the suggestion box about it.
Oh, tell Maddy and Jake that they should definitely write me. That would be the best. Also, I have no idea if you would be able to get an email address for Timothy Tse? I could probably guess one, but I told him I'd keep in touch with him and...here we are. I wouldn't be surprised if he's emailed me at my gmail account recently so maybe you could check on there. Definitely just let me know. I gave Kyle and Taylor Hollman (my friend that I flew here with and whose sister is in Savannah's class) my address since their leaving so they can write me, too. Also, if you ever want to send me some caffeinated (not sure about how to spell that word) or anything like that, I'd be down! Oh, and if you've got time, Ryan's and Tanner's emails would be so awesome. Or addresses. You know.
I'll see about sending out my SD card with pictures and descriptions today, too. So look for those pretty soon.
Basically, I'm doing awesome and I hope you all are, too! I love you so, so much and you are seriously the best family of all freakin' time.
Much love,
Elder Wheeler
P.S. If you are unsure if you should write me or not, or if you have been wanting to and just haven't had the time, WRTIE ME :D
I love this missionary! Small world that Chase Armstrong is in Jordan's zone. He lived around the corner, Taylor spent so much time there :) work hard Elder Wheeler, NO REGRETS!!!
ReplyDelete