MONTERREY MEXICO WEST MISSION
AUGUST 2011-AUGUST 2013





"WHAT YOU GET IN THE HEREAFTER DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE AFTER HERE"

Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12, 2011

Yo!

So everything is awesome here in Monterrey! Oh and I forgot thi last time, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN!!!!!!! I HOPE IT WAS THE BEST BIRTHDAY OF YOUR YOUNG LIFE. Sorry I couldn´t be there but I´ll make it up to you for the next one! Well, the one after the next one. Also, happy birthday Granny Donna! You are the best and I´m glad I got to spend so much time with you before I left! Also happy birthday to Ryan. What a great guy.

Anyway, things are going well here! It has gotten pretty cold and I´m so glad I have that jacket and the gloves! Car, everyone calls me a bagabundo which is a homeless person, but it´s cool. In fact, I actually lost my voice this week for two days! So teaching was a little bit harder without that, but it went okay! Everyone just laughed at me when I talked because I sounded like I was 13. It´s still not all the way back yet, but no worries! We had zero baptisms this week. Yahiera´s mom is super Catholic and won´t let her get baptized so we are going to talk to her this week. She´s so ready and wants to be baptized, but Satan is working with the hearts of the people. It was a discouraging week, but I was not at all discouraged! I´m always ready to work harder, improve, and move on! Life is really good. Always there are challenges within the companionship. Somtimes a lot, and opposition on the investigators, and rejection, but it is all okay. Things are really going great!



-How is the Temple there? Is it a small one or large? 
The temple here is pretty small! It just has the basics, single story, but really beautiful! Also it´s in Spanish

-How do you find most of your investigators? Do you ride bikes, walk, ride buses?
Most of our investigators we find knocking on doors in all reality. The members don´t have a lot of references for us and don´t participate much in the missionary work, but we´re working with them in that! We ride busse, taxis, but mostly we ride bikes (ghetto, ghetto bikes) and walk!

-Why didn't your mission Pres. and wife send a photo of them with you when you arrived at the mission home? I would like that if you can swing it.
I took one with them and they said they´d send it so in all honesty I don´t know! I´d like you to have it too! Talk with Sister Romney. She´s the bomb.

-Did you finally have that And Conference and see Goobert?
We have our Christmas conference in a week and a half or so and the word is Goobert will be there. I AM DYING TO FIND HIM! So, that´s when I´ll get pckages and letters, too.

-The weather looks similar in temperature to here do you think it FEELS that way or is it more humid?
In all honesty, I think it´s more dry here than in Utah! It wa pretty nice and now it´s gotten way cold. And wet, too. It´s like a Mexican Rexburg! So if you could send me any more of those handwarmers that would be the bomb! And about the batteries, maybe just a bunch of duracells from Costco would do because batteries here last for like 35 seconds!

-Have you moved to a new location or gotten a new comp. yet?
I will probably be here in this area, Solidaridad for up to six months and my companion will leave in Jauary, after this change. Changes are ever 6 weeks and I´m with him for two, and then he´ll leave and I´ll stay.

-Is there anything I could send you that you need/want? Like what kinds of food do you want? I heard our package of cookies got opened by the Mexican mail people…That's CHOICE! Did you ever get it?
Hmm...I definitely would love food. That´s like the best gift for a missionary. Also, batteries would be awesome. Food. Other than that I am doing really well! I did cut up my card when I got here, my debit card, and I´m not sure if that was the right thing to do but I just have money for the necessities, which is all I need, but you know. Souviners and stuff are cool, too. Let me know what you think I should do in that area! I did not get any packages yet. I will in the Zone conference! I think if you just seal them up crazy good they should do okay! I don´t know for sure but that´s what everyone else does. And puts stickers of Jesus on them to turn people off from opening them.

-Tell me whenever you get packages in detail so I know you got each individual one ok :)
Okay! I have zero right now but I´ll get them in the zone conference!

-Will you send me the names and dates and areas of the baptisms you've already had so I can keep track on my blog? Also, names of comps and areas so far and every time you move so I can keep track.

Okay!
Trainer - Elder Vidal
Area: Solidaridad B (4 missionaries for one ward because it´s so big!)
converts:
Angelica Arleth Nunez Torres - 9
Claudia Guadalupe Nunez Torres - 15
Juan Esquviel Nunez Torres - 37
Angelica Torres De La Rose - 34
Norma Robledo - 37
Juan Leal Robledo - 9
Simon Robledo - 17
Javier Gonsalez Robledo - 15

I love you all so, so much! Next week I´ll give you the number and time to call me so we can talk on the 24th!! I can´t wait! I´m glad everything is going well with you at home. I love you family so much. I´ve got a big letter for Paula, too. Love you! Also, I bought Monopoly deal in Spanish and it´s the best. I´ll bring it home in about 20 months and you can check it out!
I´m going to miss Christmas like crazy this year! I think I miss home and you all so much because life was the best! I definitely will not be taking it for granted when I get back! Thank you for everyhthing and I love you so, so much. I could never be here without you! 
I pray for you all all the time!

Much love,
Elder Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment