MONTERREY MEXICO WEST MISSION
AUGUST 2011-AUGUST 2013





"WHAT YOU GET IN THE HEREAFTER DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE AFTER HERE"

Monday, December 26, 2011

December 26, 2011

Dear Family,

It was so awesome being able to talk to you all! Thank you for all that you do for me! You all rock, for real! I´m really glad things are going well and I´m sure you had an excellent Christmas. Our Christmas conference with all of the missionaries within the city boundries was pretty great. A scripture from it that really has helped me keep working hard is in Doctrine and Covenants 68:9. Also, Hermana Romney (the mission president´s wife) is seriously the bomb. Every time she speaks to us I want to do better and she really knows how to teach by the Spirit. One of the things she said is ´´If our actions don´t reflect our faith, then we are really only kidding ourselves.´´ Anyway, it was cool and I got some of the packages! But we talked about that. They are totally awesome, thank you so mcçuch for those!

Anyway, so we had two baptisimal dates for yesterday and guess what? All week they were so excited and telling people about it and then when we showed up at their house to take them, they looked for excuses! About how their stomachs hurt and they´d rather do it in January, etc. It was bad news! So We talked with them of the importance of these things and how they needed to do it and that day was all ready, but when people don´t have the desire to do things, they don´t do it, so both of them fell through. It was discouraging, but I made the decision not to get discouraged. It was a battle and I was pretty close to getting down about it, but I´m focusing on what I can learn from every single one of these experiences to become a better missionary for these people and focusing on what we can do this week to have more success. It´s a better mindset, I´m thinking.

So we are going to work hard to have some success in this change because right now we have zero baptisms. It´s a bummer, but I really am taking something Uncle Dan told me to heart. Through all of the experiences, the good and the bad, I am looking for things that I can learn to make me a better missionary for these people and a better person. It really is a totally different mindset and is helping so much when I get frustrated or discouraged because you can´t get discouraged here in the mission. There´s too many awesome things going on, I refuse to get down! So that´s been me this week.

Happy birthday to Abby Guinn, by the way! And if you could get me an address for Elder Vogan that would totally rule! It sounds like he´s doing excellent. 

Seriously, being able to talk to you all was awesome! I hope Car is feeling better and I don´t know if you included batteries in a package yet, but those would rock. As for food, you said you wanted specifics so I really would like some Nutri grain bars and nature valley bars. Beef Jerky is always good and cheetos, and chips and stuff. You know what´s good. Pop Tarts rule and whatever else. You´re awesome Aunt Stephy.

In all reality, I know this is the work of the Lord. Maybe I forget to talk about them or expand on them all the time, but I have seen miracles here. I think there´s just so many I don´t have time to write about them all. I have seen the Lord´s hand in the things we do and I know this is His only true church. The Book of Mormon is evidence of all of that and honestly it is my favorite book to read. Life is excellent here in the mission and I love you all so much! Thank you for all the cards and stuff! I´m currently writing back but it takes me forever to get stuff out. 

Much love,
Elder Wheeler





No comments:

Post a Comment