MONTERREY MEXICO WEST MISSION
AUGUST 2011-AUGUST 2013





"WHAT YOU GET IN THE HEREAFTER DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE AFTER HERE"

Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2011

Heya!

Life is going well here in my area of Solidaridad. Changes are this week again, but I{m not going anywhere I am pretty sure. The president told my companion in interviews that he´s headed out so next week I will let you know how that goes! I do have a question, though. In the letters I sent a little while ago, did you get my SD card? I think I´m not going to sent them anymore because it´s dangerous! I don´t want my whole mission life to be lost and stuff.



Anyway, I am pretty sure our ward is going to split this weekend! It is the biggest ward in our whole mission. There´s almost 400 active members and as for inactive, a ton more. Most Sunday´s it´s hard to find  place for our investigators to sit! But it´s awesome. So I´ll let you know how that goes, too.



Happy Birthday Kate Knight! Live it up! I have a letter coming your way!

Anyway, this week was pretty good. We had interviews, changes are tomorrow, and I have bright hopes for my area! We didn´t have anyone at church this week or any baptisms, but that´s okay! I am not down. This week is going to be good! 

Speaking of which, we had one person named Manuel and he is so awesome. His wife has been a member for about a year and he´s not because he has problems with the word of wisdom. He´s been drinking since he was thirteen and has lived a tough life. He has 18 brothers and sisters and started working to support his family when he was 11. Now he´s about 60 and I have never met a more upbeat and genuinely good person in my whole life. His wife and he are always giving us food to take back to the house and even came to our house in the morning to give us breakfast! They are so awesome. He is always smiling and loves baseball. Just the nicest person and reminds me of Papa Barry. He is cutting back on drinking and such, but he could have been baptized this Sunday, but on Friday we show up at his house and he opens the door. Elders! It´s so great to see you!!! And he takes a sip from his mug. Come in, come in! We´re just about to eat! And another sip. I though oh, maybe he´s just drinking some hot chocolate because it´s cold. Nope. Just sippin´on his coffee. So that fell through, but the thing is he knows he´going to be baptized but he won´t do it until he feels more confident that he can be an excellent member of the church. So he comes to church on Sundays and knows it´s true. I´m going to see what we can do for him to make his baptism happen before I leave. He´s seriously just the kindest man alive.



Anyway, life is going good! I still have no mail service, still in the same area, but you know! I love it here and I know this work is led by the Lord. There´s no other way that we could find the people we do and feel what we feel with them if it wasn´t the Holy Ghost. This church is true. I am so blessed in my life and for this reason I´m out here. Everyone deserves to feel the love of Christ in their lives and have eternal families, so here I am. I´m so grateful for you, family, and all you do for me. You are honestly THE BOMB. Thanks for everything!

Also, if you could send me more stamps that would totally rock my world as well as maybe the soap you sent me in the MTC? You know, the cool, foamy kind. That would be the best. Thank you!!! 

Much love,
Elder Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment