MONTERREY MEXICO WEST MISSION
AUGUST 2011-AUGUST 2013





"WHAT YOU GET IN THE HEREAFTER DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE AFTER HERE"

Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012

Hey Fam!

I`m glad things are totally rocking with all of you. Sounds like things have been awesome! I just got letters recentley, too, and packages! So I got a package from Aunt Jamie and Uncle John of some sweet cookies so tell them thanks and that they totally rock! As for the ones for you, I have not gotten. I don`t think they`re arrived? Maybe they`re stuck at customs again...I don`t know but I`ll see what`s up.

Life here in Solidaridad is going really well! My companion, Elder Nelson and I have really gotten to know each other and now we get along so well. He is freaking hilarious it is so awesome. Basically he`s like a mixture of Nick Nunley and Jake McDaniel. He`s 24 and we are really getting along good. This week was a little bit rough. We found some good people that I truly believe are ready for the Gospel, thirteen of them to be exact, and not a single one came to church on Sunday. It was a little bit of a downer, but you know me, and I was all good! It really was a time to look back on what we could have done better and how we can impliment better teaching and more focus on how important church is to the people. That`s the thing, people here have the desire to do things but they have problems. Generally, well my area is pretty poor, and the people are really humble, but are SO LAZY!!!! It is the worst! Because they have the desire to come to church or read the Book of Mormon but don`t because they`re flippin` lazy. It`s the worst ever, so we have to motivate them and explain why it`s important or find the people who are willing to overcome this natural laziness that is in their blood or who knows what and come closer to God. To me, the motivation seems pretty apparent, but you know. I`m definitely learning a lot about being a better teacher and how to not get down at all even when nothing goes right. I honestly don`t know what`s happened to me but I am never down! It`s awesome!

I forgot to mention, the stuff with Javier. Well, his family, my recent converts, have so much support from the ward. About fifty people went to his grave dedication with them and well, I know that everything happens for a reason. Right now, Javeir`s mom, Norma, well her mom (Javier`s grandma) is meeting with the missionaries in her area (my district leader) and I think she`s progressing really well! Also, Norma`s husband came to church this last Sunday which was a total miracle. The whole time we were teaching his family he never wanted anything to do with our message or listen to it ever, and would absolutely refuse to go to church, but we are hoping that now his heart is open and that he wants to hear our message.

I know that God`s purposes our bigger than us all and maybe with this event, the rest of Javier`s family can accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives as well. God knows us all and knows how stubborn some of us are. I know that for a fact, so I truly believe that everything that has happened is for a greater purpose.

Norma`s family have everything in order to do the work for Javier in the temple and I know for sure he`s going to accept it there on the other side.







Anyway, these pictures are of my companion and I with Dr. Pepper`s! My first time finding them. They`re pretty rare. And of our new area (We were contacting on top of the mountain), a girl in our ward and chocolate covered bananas! And something I realized. Look at my smile and Gregg`s smile! Dude, totally related.







But other than that things are really going awesome! We`ve got bright hopes for this week and what we can do here in this area! I am excited and I know that the Lord will guide us!

I pray for you, family, all the time! That`s sweet about Monster Truck Jam! I think I went one time or I saw Grave Digger around somewhere. Anyway, he`s sweet. Who doesn`t like total destruction, right? You`re so awesome and thanks for everything you do for me! 

Love you tons,
Elder Wheeler

In here there`s a picture of me, a paroramic of my new area, some walls where this crazy dude wrote scriptures all over (so weird), me walking into the sun (I forgot if I sent it already), me and Elder Vidal walking into the Sun (also forgot if I sent it already), and a disgusting canal that is in our area. Gotta love it!






Much love,
Elder Wheeler




No comments:

Post a Comment