Hey Family!
I`m glad to hear things are crackalakin` with all of you! Things here, sheesh, what a week. We had changes and out went Elder Vidal in in came Elder Nelson from Prescott, Arizona! He is a pretty cool guy. He`s got a little over a year out here in the mission and has got some excellent Spanish. The problem is President called me last week before changes and told me that my companion is an excellent guy and really is awesome, and he is, but he has depression. It`s been really trying this week, in all honesty. President Romney told me he wanted to put him with me because I`m always like up and happy, but this whole week I`ve felt like I`ve been talking to the wall. So I just talk and talk but he tells me he needs to talk more to keep his mind off bad stuff, but doesn`t. I don`t know. I think that there is a lot a lot I can learn this change here with him and I already have learned so much from him, but I`m just doing my best to always be a positive influence on him. He`s a great guy, but I don`t think he likes me much! But no worries there! I`m just going to do what I can to cheer him up!
As for this week, well, like I said, our ward was going to split and they did. I am now serving in Solidaridad and not Solidaridad B. It doesn`t sound like that big of a change, but our entire area is different. Almost all of our area went to the ward San Burnabe 1, so neither my companion nor I know where anything is, but in all honesty I am more excited now than ever! Yeah, we lost all the people we have been working with. We lost Manuel, my converts the Rangel Gonzalez family, and a lot of really good members and investigators but there`s something about the prospect of having every door be something new and could possibly be those people that have been waiting for you that is just a really good feeling. I am stoked to work with my companion and for us to make things happen here in this new area.
Also, I don`t know if you remember the Robledo family? Norma (the mom, my baptism), Mauro (The dad), Javier (19) Simon (My baptism), Jesus (baptized by us, too), Juan (also baptized by us), Mario (5) and Brando (3)? Well, Javier didn`t have the desire to really listen to us before, but after seeing the change in his family, he wanted to hear our message and even told us he wants to be a missionary like us. He was such a great guy. He really was progressing, reading the Book of Mormon and everything, but he had problems with the word of wisdom (achohol, drugs, smoking, coffee, and tea), but after we taught him he quit drinking alcohol, tea, and coffee, he used to smoke 10 cigarettes a day and then smoked 2, and well, smoked less marajuana, and was really progressing well! Then we were walking by and he was standing outside. We asked him what was up and he told us that him and his brother Jesus were going to a party. We asked if there would be bad stuff there like drugs and alcohol and all of that and he told us there would be. So we asked him why he was going and he told us because he wanted to, but that he was going to say no to all of the bad stuff. Well, this was Saturday night, and we told him he shouldn`t go, but let him decide. He decided to go but told us that for sure he would be at church the next day. He was actually really excited to go to church. So we come by the next morning to go to church and he wasn`t there. We were bummed and came back later that night, but then no one was there. A neighbor came over and started talking to us and told us that Javier was just here sitting outside when all of a sudden these guys showed up and started beating him up right there in the street and then took him away. Well, obviously we were pretty worried so we called Norma, his mom, and she was about two neighborhoods away. So we go over there and there`s police tape and people all over. A crime scene. Javier was shot dead there in the street just about two hours before we got there. They were taking his body away when we arrived.
This experience was one that I`ve never had before. I met Javier in my second week here in the mission and he was a really good guy. He knew he wanted to change his life and leave behind all the bad stuff. I don`t know why he was killed but I assume something happened at that party he was at. There was nothing we could do. All I know is that this work is real. There are people here in Mexcio that literally NEED the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. There are people who are waiting for us and they don`t even know that they`re waiting. This work, spreading the gospel of Christ, is essencial in this world. Literally, it is the only hope for Mexico. That`s what Elder Johnson of the seventy told our mission. I know this is the only true church of Jesus Christ. I know that there are things we have to do in this life, ways that we have to show our faith to God. Every person here is important to me and I have a new resolve to do all I can to help these people. Every soul is great in the sight of God.
I love you all so very much and I pray for you all the time. I am so happy to be out here and to be able to do what God wants me to do. His living prophet called me here to this mission and there are people like Javier that I have to find. I`m so grateful for all your support. You are totally everything to me, family.
As for your questions:
Did you get our package of food??
I haven´t got it yet! I haven`t been by the offices but I will get it...I`m thinking by the last few weeks of this change! That`s when zone conference is so I won`t get cards or packages until then, I`m pretty sure.
Where did you get that cowboy hat in Mexico???
That hat is from one of the members! I was just borrowing it. Not my style, but pretty Mexican! Gotta live it up down here, right?
Just a few things!
Taylor`s address on Echo Ave, that`s the address for his mission home? Like I can send letters there and not have to worry about the address changing?
I have two letters for Tiffany Holder, but I don`t know where she lives. I don`t think it`s in Hawaii anymore so they`re just hanging out so if someone could get that from her and send it to me that would rule!
I don`t have an email address for Ryan or Tanner and if I could have those, too that would totally rock.
Also, I would not object to some sweet glasses like I used to have that just about everyone hates! You know, the black fake ones? Just throwing that out there.
Love you all so much! Thank you for your letters UD, Aunt Steph, A-dog, Savy, and Dylan. YOU ARE THE BOMB!
Much love,
Elder Wheeler




No comments:
Post a Comment