Hey Familia!
I got your emails and stuff! I am glad things are going well at home! I love you all and miss you a ton!
Life with me is going excellent. It really is. My companion and I had some tough times this week (aka I blew up on him because I got way too annoyed) and we were able to work things out. We were walking and talking (mainly arguing) and then just before we got to our house I asked if we could have a prayer. So we prayed and immediately all of my bad feelings were gone and I have been striving to work harder to be a better person. You know how I can´t really stand a lot of people, so this is good for me to learn, I´m thinking. I´m living off of Moroni 7:45. Read it and you´ll see what I mean. So really, life is good in that aspect. Learning a lot.
So, every morning pretty much I listen to Enya and that is always the best. Also, yesterday I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting and our ward here in Soli is pretty big. So I went up there and in all honesty, I´ve never felt more satisfied with any talk or lesson I´ve ever given and it was in Spanish. Don´t ask me how that makes sense but really, it went so well. I shared my testimony in English and everyone after told me that they could feel the spirit of what I was saying. I was just really glad to be able to not screw it up! But really, I think it went okay.
Also, we had four baptisms this last Sunday!! I attached some pictures here. We baptized the two daughters of the Nunez family last Sunday and then this Sunday we baptized the two parents as well as two others from a different family! It was so awesome. The Nunez family is seriously the coolest and they are loving and fitting in right with the ward. It´s cool because at their daughters´ baptism last week, the dad, Juan, wasn´t sure about being baptized. He´d been praying and reading the Book of Mormon for about three weeks and he had my hymn book and he opened it to a random page and it was Choose the Right. He said all it lacked was his name right after those words in the title! He said right then he knew what he was supposed to do. I thought it was awesome and explained to him that was just the first of many spiritual experiences he would have. In the beginning, he thought we were Jehovah´s Witnesses, so you know. We´ve worked with him and he´s come a long way. Also, he wasn´t going to be able to be baptized yesterday because of work, but somehow it worked out and he showed so we have his entire family baptized now. It´s especially awesome to be able to bring that joy to a family. I´ve seen the change in them. In their faces, I can see how happy they are and how much they´ve grown closer as a family and to the Lord.
We also taught a lesson with 10 devoted Catholics this week, and that was a trip. And we sing hymns in almost all of our lessons. I love singing them because they bring the spirit so strong. Also, no one here can sing worth anything. Sometimes it´s pretty bad. Not going to lie, but it´s funny at the same time. My favorite hymn is Lead Kindly Light. We were also asked multiple times this week why we are so happy. I swear, there´s barely a second that I am walking around here without a smile. I can´t really explain why I am so happy, but it doesn´t matter.
So now, you have a little taste of what I do. Pretty dang exciting, huh?
On our P-days we usually play soccer as a zone until about 12:30 ish, eat, and we wash our clothes at a member´s house because our stuff is broken. After that, we hang our clothes up outside and go to work! It´s a pretty busy day! Also, for mail! My mission mom, Hermana Romney, goes to the US about every week and will mail stuff for me! I don´t remember if I talked about this already, but if you send me stamps I can put all of my pictures on a cd and mail them to you! So cd cases might not be a bad idea either.
But yeah, life is going really well! I am out of time here but I love you so much! I can´t wait to see you all again. Sometimes i´s tough, especially around Christmas because I LOVE Christmas at our house, but you know. Everything is going so well.
Talk to you really soon!
Much love,
Elder Wheeler
To my dear friends:
The best way for anyone to talk to me is to send me a DearElder and when I go to the office I can pick it up and write them a hand written letter to send through the mission president´s wife! So just make that known. Emails are not the best way for others, only for you!
Love you like crazy and miss you more than anything,
Elder Wheeler
Also, one of my favorite scriptures is Luke 12:34. For Where your treasure is, there will you heart be also.
In all honesty, I treasure you, Uncle Dan, Austen, Savy, Dylan, Reese, Granny, and Paula the most and my heart is with you! I pray for all of you everyday and I love you!
Elder Wheeler




No comments:
Post a Comment