MONTERREY MEXICO WEST MISSION
AUGUST 2011-AUGUST 2013





"WHAT YOU GET IN THE HEREAFTER DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE AFTER HERE"

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 30, 2011


Heya!

I´m glad things are going well at home! I loved the Spanish letters. I didn´t get to read all of it because literally I am that pressed for time, but it was excellent. Also, this computer I´m using blows so I don´t have any pictures I can get on here this week, I apologize! Oh, and also, we had our P-day switched again and that´s why I haven´t written until today. We don´t find out until Sunday night, the night before P-day so I am unable to give you any heads up on that so I apologize, but I am thinking it´s usually going to be the last day in the month.

Anyway, I forgot to wish Dwight a happy birthday in my last email, so I realize it´s a little late, but Happy Birthday! You´re the man!
So, I got a letter from Granny Julie and it was the best. Thank you for that! They were all Papa Barry jokes and made me laugh a bunch mostly because some of them were so crude. Totally the best. My companions didn´t really understand them so well, but that´s okay. Also, whenever anyone asks me to take pictures, I pull a jake and take picutres of them really up close by zooming in a ton and taking pictures of tons of people up close but so far no one thinks it´s funny. But I do so I´ll probably keep doing it. 

Fun stuff first! This week a bus we took definitely was offroading for like half of our trip in some of the worst terrain possible. I was like 40 percent sure it was going to tip, but it al turned out well! Sometimes I´m a little iffy in trusting the bus drivers here. Also, I saw a picture of Goobert (Elder Rogers, my roommate from BYU-I) in our zone conference with the president last week. I AM GETTING CLOSER TO FINDING HIM. On the baptismal certificate for Arleth and Claudia, they spelt my name Jordan Weller. That´s how everyone says my name and I let it slide. Also, we had a talent night in our ward and let me tell you, it is not like the Las Sendas ward at all. Not better or worse, but very different! But something awesome is how well the Nunez family is making friends in the ward, going to all the activities, and really are so much happier. I can see it and I´m happy tohave been able to help them. Claudia sang in the talent show and Fatima and Arleth did stuff, too. We also had family night with them and two other familes from the ward including a non member and an inactive and they hosted it and it went awesome as well. It´s is so cool to see the change in their lives.

So more spiritual stuff! Norma and Juan were supposed to be confirmed last Sunday, but Juan had a seizure and some stuff and some members of the ward were able to help him to the hospital. He is back at home and doing just fine. We gave him a blessing, and all of this really strengthened the testimony of Norma a ton. Itçs crazy. She has so much trust in the Lord and itçs just awesome. Thereçs been a huge change in her and members of her family. And that leads me to Simon, one of her other sons. He was supposed to be baptized yesterday. Everything was going well and we passed by to pick him up to go to mutual and his baptisimal service after, but he was laying in bed crying and had been for a long while. He is 17 and really wants to do the right thing so bad. He has such a strong desire to be baptized, but he did drugs that day. He told us his whole story about how he got into drugs when he was 14 and how he hates it and all of this stuff, so we were able to talk with him and kneel in prayer. He has such a big heart and if things go well this week, he will be baptized this Sunday. He literally wants to be baptized more than anything. He knows these things are true. He told us heçs always so much happier when weçre over than when heçs with his so called friends. Now he just has to kick the habit so we gave him a blessing to help him through and weçre visiting him everyday. Itçs crazy to see how these things, the simple things Christ taught can change lives when we do them. Içm seeing that firsthand.
Also, Angel. He is 10 years old of a somewhat active family. The family is starting to come back to church, but he has really bad asthma and has not been baptized. His nonmember dad who does not live with them wonçt let him be baptized because of this. I know that the Lord will help him through this and we hope to baptize him this weekª We will see.

Everything else is going really wellª My Spanish is getting better, weçre working really hard. We have has 6 baptisms this change so far and we hope to have two more this Sundayª Içll let you know how it turns out, but our work is paying off and we are really helping people. The change is really awesome to  see.

Michael Jackson is way popular here and everytime I hear it I think of Nick and want to dance. Itçs so funny. Also, thereçs Cars 2 stuff everywhere down here and it reminds me of Car because we saw it at midnight and like no one else was there.

Anyway, I know this work is the work of the Lord and I love being here. I miss home and you, family, but I know this is where I need to be. I love you all so, so much and am so grateful for you in my lives. I cançt wait to see youª You are literally the best family and I am so happy that I get to come back and like be a part of yor lives forever and stuff. Really, I owe you everything for me being here and I miss you like crazyª Keep being the best and I will talk to you Mondayª YOUçRE THE BOMBª

Much Love,
Elder Wheeler

1 comment:

  1. The lighter-flashlight came in handy. Looks like Taylor was inspired!
    You Rock Elder Wheeler :) Love, Gygi's

    ReplyDelete