Hey! So I apologize it´s taken me forever to write. I really wanted to. We were supposed to have time on the first day but we didn´t get time to and then our preparation day got moved to Wednesday last week to go to the temple here in Monterrey so I didn´t get to then either. Anyway, it´s basically been lame not to write, but I am now!
Okay, so Mexico. Mexico is freakin´ different. My whole life is completely different. It´s honestly crazy. We got here and went through customs and all that on the 24th of last month and then got assigned to our areas and trainers the next day. The mission president is pretty cool and so is his wife. She says hi, too, by the way. I guess you´ve talked to her. So my whole district from the MTC got split up and they´re all over. My area is called Solidaridad. It´s a pretty big area, we have bikes, and the people in the ward and investigators are pretty awesome. They´re always feeding us and all kinds of stuff. There´s like a million dogs everywhere and trash all over the place, too. So, yeah. Really ghetto to be honest, but it´s totally okay. I´ve taught some lessons in some literal shacks. Like, totally made out of trash and tin and bugs everywhere. Disgusting, but you know. The showers are almost always cold, we don´t have a washer or dryer. In fact, no one has dryers so don´t take those for granted back home. I miss a good dryer. I swear, Viking Village is like a top of the line place compared to here, but it is all good. We do laundry at member´s houses. The food so far has been really so-so. Nothing excellent, but I have had some baddddd stuff. Sometimes I feel like I´m living in Nacho Libre. There are his little bike cart things everywhere. Oh, that´s another thing. It is NEVER quiet. There is always someone yelling in the street, selling something, things breaking, loud cars, honking, who knows what but it is never ever quiet. I was walking down the street the other day and it was flooded with sewage. Totally awesome. But really, life is good. I´m honestly loving it.
My companion´s name is Elder Moses Vidal. Here´s the deal. If you look for weaknesses in someone, you´re going to find them. If you look for strengths, you´ll find them too. I have found a lot of weaknesses, and some strengths and I know of this one saying that if you don´t have anything nice to say, don´t say anything at all, so we´ll leave it at that. He´s from Verecruz and we live with two other elders from Mexico and Peru. Basically, my life is all Spanish only.
The work has been awesome, though. I confirmed one of our converts last Sunday. There was a Volleyball tournament and we got 7 investigators to come to it and I tore it up, so you know. Nah, but I do love Volleyball. I miss English words like crap, freak, and stuff like that. Donçt take those for granted either. I have been sick with a cold the last few days so thatçs been awesome. I havençt seen Goobert yet. Heçs in an outside area away from the city. Oh, my area is in the city. Not like city city, but itçs in the city.
We found this family, the Nuñez family. We were going donw the street and my companion says whatever house you feel like talking to tell me. So we go and Içm staring at this house the whole time. We get to the end of the street and come back and are almost out and my companion stops and heads for the house I was staring at. We talked with them and they have baptismal dates for this Sunday. We met them my first Friday. They are totally awesome.
I gotta run. OH the mail. okay so I only get mail every change, which is every six weeks. Thatçs only for this area. I donçt know why. So basically, itçs okay to send an email to you, family, and then have you send it to other people but I have no email addresses for anyone currently. So you know. I guess weçll try and wok that one out.
I love you so much and thank you for everything. I donçt have much time so please fix my errors in this email before you post it for the whole world. I am loving the life of a missionary.
Sending another email with pictures. Love you so muchª
Elder Wheeler
No comments:
Post a Comment