Heya Family!
Merry Christmas! I hope everything is going awesome with all of you. I am definitely missing not spending Christmas with you, but that`s okay. Next year :D
Here, Christmas Eve is bigger than Christmas (mainly because everyone just drinks and then wake up hungover on Christmas) so tonight we are going to have a dinner with the members we live with and with the Sister Missionaries who have the other half of our town. I`ll let you know how it is. I`m sure it`ll be great. Not like home, but good either way.
This week was pretty good. Not too much to report. We found some people who really are interested. One named Gema who wants to read all of The Book of Mormon. We were walking through the plaza and she called us over and asked us for a book. She goes to the Catholic Church every Sunday, but she really wants to learn about the church and find out if the book is true or not. We also have Pablo who is a drug dealer, but wants to change and leave that whole scene. He had a baptismal date and everything, but then on Friday he told us he wasn`t going to go to church because he doesn`t feel ready. Also will keep you posted. And there`s Sofia who is 11. She`s a cousin of one of the Young Women and we`re going to see her on Christmas, but she came to church and to two of the activities we had this week and liked them. So that`s good news.
I definitely feel like we`re seeing progress with the branch. I feel like their attitude is changing little by little and hopefully we`ll be able to get them excited about getting all of the less actives back to church.
We do a lot of service here, so that makes me feel good. Us painting a sister`s house (After putting up the lights we asked if there was anything else that we could do for them and then the hermana who was inside painting yells ¨Mom! Come Quick!!!¨ So we go in and she spilled the paint everywhere. So we helped them clean up and finish painting)
Yesterday we helped a sister put up her Christmas lights (yes, on the 23rd of December) and she was like ¨I was afraid there wouldn`t be lights this year¨ and I said ¨It`s a Christmas Miracle!!!!¨ And it made me think of you, Aunt Steph, and I laughed because no one else thought it was funny. Actually basically nobody here thinks I`m funny. But that`s okay because I know I`m funny :D
Anyway, that`s about all of the new stuff I have to tell. We had changes and me and my comp stayed here. Everything the same. We think with the new year coming people will be more motivated to help out all the people who are not going.
Everything is good with me. Hope you have a totally awesome Christmas! Seduce it. Own it. Make it yours.
Oh, also the call might be at like 7pm my time because I have a feeling my comp is going to want to talk first. It`s his first Christmas away from home. I`m his second comp. I`ll give him a break.
Much love,
Elder Wheeler
No comments:
Post a Comment