MONTERREY MEXICO WEST MISSION
AUGUST 2011-AUGUST 2013





"WHAT YOU GET IN THE HEREAFTER DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE AFTER HERE"

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 7, 2013

January 7, 2013


Hey-oh!

How's it going, fam? I forgot to mention this in my last letter. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAULA! You're the bomb and I hope you made your birthday obey you. You're totally old :D Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week to ADDIE AND JETT!! I love you both!

 We basically did the same thing for New Year's Eve. The Sister missionaries came over and we ate tamales and here people have no respect for their own personal safetey with fireworks.

 4 dogs in the street


Things with me this week were pretty good. We have four investigators, so that's good. It's the most we've had in my whole time here. Ask me how many are references from the branch? None. But that's okay. This week I made a survey on how we're doing in living the gospel of Jesus Christ with questions like ¨When I pray, I ask for charity¨ or ¨I actively search for opportunities to help less actives come back to church¨ and stuff like that and we passed it out in Sunday School so hopefully it will help the members see how they can improve with the New Year and everything. Also, we put together 7 activities and planned them all in these next two months ranging from a giant branch family night to a karaoke night so hopefully all of those will go well. I'll let you know. The first one isn't till the 15th.

Also, Nick, this Sunday the guy who gave Priesthood class was wearing a jacket. What type of jacket? A MASTER'S JACKET. I started laughing and remember the midget guy from Rumbi's. 

Anyway, so yeah, not a bad week. I'm happy. Yesterday was Dia de Magos Reyes (Wise men day) and they had a giant rosca de reyes in the plaza (It's like a bread/cake that really isn't even good). So that was exciting. 

 Us and a 57 Express guy (A guy in our branch runs those stores, they're like gas stations and it's his son in the suit. Totally hilarious. He was giving out candy and all the kids swamped all over him and robbed all the candy, kind of like the episode of Spongebob when he first gets a job at the Krusty Krab).

Honestly there's not much more to tell. We painted this week again. 


There were more people at church. I sent a list of suggestions to the mission president about what this branch needs from above (the district and the mission). I ate chinese food again this week. It's getting coldish. But I don't need anything for the cold because I'm sure by the time it gets here it will no longer be cold. 

Oh! The Rangel Gonzalez family (Another one of my converts from when I started my mission) are going to get sealed on the 19th! 

I think that's all the new stuff I have to tell. Hope you guys have a good week and stuff. TALK TO YOU NEXT MONDAY. YOU'RE THE BOMB.

Much love,
Elder Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment