Hey Familia!
So the pictures you sent me were totally awesome. Thanks for that. I miss you all tons! Things here with me are going well. I am happy and we're working and just making the best of the time I have here. Hopefully everyone is feeling better, too. I feel like a lot of times I don't say thank you to people who write me or respond to everything you send me in the emails, but thanks for everything to everyone.
This week was probably the best week I've had in this area so far. I feel like we're seeing the branch get more excited and really care about those who are not coming. We had 71 people in church this Sunday and when I got here there were about 45. So it is getting better :D
Except that all of the people we were teaching did not come to church, or they moved away. But no worries there. Tomorrow we have a giant Family Home Evening and it seems like everyone is excited. The whole program is by the members. We went around assigning everyone things and it should be good. I'll let you know and send photos. Next Tuesday is the Talent night and the girl who we put in charge of it (Karla - 30 - Young Single Adult - 6 feet tall) said she'd do the agenda but didn't want to direct the talent night or anything but this Sunday she was going around asking everyone for talentes and being totally funny and she said she'll direct it and everything. It was just awesome to see that little change in her and how she got excited to put something together for the branch and I think it's what is happening to a lot of the branch. I acutally fasted last Sunday asking specifically for a change of heart in the members here and I know that the Lord heard that and is helping these people. It feels good.
A bulletin board we put photos of the Christmas Party on since there was nothing on it. They loved it!
Thanks for everything you do. You're going to like the pictures I have to send. My comp and I decided that our half of Sabinas looks like a zombie invasion hit it. It's just missing the zombies, even though there are quite a few people who could pass for being zombies for all I know.
Flooding
Questions:
How is Gema?
I am afraid she might not progress because her going to church fully depends on her parents and we'e been teaching her for a month and she has not been able to attend. Also, I can see that her excitement of learning all the stuff we have to teach is dying off a little. Hopefully I will end up being wrong, but we'll see.
In your area is it just you, your comp and 2 sisters?
We're in Sabinas, which is a town of like 60,000 I think. It's divided in half and one half is Sabinas 1, which are the sisters, and the other half is Sabinas 2, which is us. The two branches meet in different chapels and the sisters are never in our area unless we invite them but we go in their area a lot because ours is the ghetto half and all the stores are in their half. Sometimes we get together too like two weeks ago we had a family home evening together with a recent convert of theirs who lives in their area and his parents who aren't members, who live in our area. We pass a lot of references back and forth and also there are a lot of people who don't like our branch, so they go to theirs. Also, our branch president, relief societey president, and our young women's president live in the boundries of their branch, but there aren't enough people who can hold those callings in our branch so they took them from their area. I hope that makes sense.
3. So did your comp understand or hear anything we were saying to him when we were saying goodbye on Skype?
Hahaha he asked me after what you were all saying. It's because when a lot of people talk at once I don't think he can understand them that well. So I told him.
Thanks for eveything! Love you all tons.
Elder Wheels
No comments:
Post a Comment