Hey-oh!
Dylan, you are the man! Savy, that's completely crazy that you'll be 14 in two months! Austen, don't drive like they do on Tokyo Drift. Only I can because I'm Asian. I hope Addie had a totally awesome brithday! The pictures of Taylor are always funny. Reese is totally hilarious. Also, that's awesome about Kelsi's mission call! How cool! She's going to do awesome. Tell her congratulations for me! And also let me know about an address that's constant so that I can see about getting her a letter or two before I come home.
So, the temple this week, well, we didn't go but it's because the Rangel Gonzalez's bishop got sick and couldn't do their interview but now they've been interviewed and the date is ofically set for this Saturday! And I get to be one of the witnesses for the sealing! I felt totally good to hear that they wanted me to be one. I will let you know more on that next week. I couldn't do it without you!
REALLY???
This week was pretty good. We had zone conference and other stuff. President told me he's proud of everything that I'm doing, so that makes me feel good. This week we had...76 people in church!! Woooo! And one investigator whose name is Samantha. She's 18 and her sister is a less active and went with her. Her sister is 17 and I'm pretty sure she's going to keep coming. Samantha said she isn't ready to be baptized and needs to keep coming to be sure so we're going to work with her and help her get an answer from God. Because if He says so, you know it's true.
We also had the Branch Family Home Evening last Tuesday which turned out well. We spent a lot of time going to all the people's houses to invite them to participate so that in the end it would be their activity and they all loved it. We had 60 people there, 9 less actives, and 4 non members! And then I wrote thank you cards to everyone who participated. I feel like the branch is starting to get the idea that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is a lifestyle and not just the building we go to on Sundays. This week we have a Talent Night and there are 20 people who have signed up to present talents. I'll fill you in on that next week.
We have some other people who we are working with and will let you know about them as they progress. I have almost been here 3 months, and things are going a lot better. I feel a lot better about the work here and the members and everything. I can see a difference in the people and I know that the Lord has softened their hearts. Good things will happen here. Changes are next Tuesday (29 of Janurary) so I'll let you know what happens there. I would guess that I will stay here and that my comp will be leaving. We'll see.
Basically, life is pretty good with me. Miss home a lot but I'm sure I'll be there faster than it seems. I'm really happy to be here. Last night I was thinking about how maybe I've been a missionary so that Heavenly Father could change me into what he needs me to be to really have a good life, help others, and recieve the blessings promised in my Patriachal Blessing. I have helped people here and really worked hard thus far. I've learned a lot about responsability and seeing the bigger picture of everything. Obviously I'm still me, but it's just been kind of cool and a huge belssing to see that. Everyone should go on missions. I'm glad I'm here and that I have time left to try and do everything I can for these people.
Thanks for everything you do for me, fam. Your support is great. I love you tons. Also, I'm grateful that I have good friends. They might be very few, but they're the best people I've met in my youth.
I'm a goofy goober!
Elder Wheeler
A statue horse guy. Anytime we see any type of historical person I always tell my comp that it's Poncho Via and he doesn't like that but it's hilarious so who cares.
No comments:
Post a Comment