MONTERREY MEXICO WEST MISSION
AUGUST 2011-AUGUST 2013





"WHAT YOU GET IN THE HEREAFTER DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE AFTER HERE"

Monday, July 8, 2013

June 28, 2013

June 28, 2013

Things here are going pretty well. If I thought I was busy in Monterrey, I'm like 10 times more busy here. So...I don't have any pictures. At all. But this week I'll take some. President Rodriguez will be getting here tomorrow and we've just been trying to get everything ready for that. Basically my week has consisted of having to work with difficult people to get all of the things we need for the office here so that it can actually work like an office dealing with wiring problems here in the building, office max. It will all work out!

Elder Mikkelsen (My comp from the MTC who's here in the offices, too) and I got the Swapps a little keychain with a picture of the office missionaries on it and just wrote them a little card. It was sad knowing that we won't really be a part of their mission anymore, but then again, I won't be a part of anyone's mission, so you know. It made me laugh though because President Swapp says "We are hanging out after the mission" and Sister Swapp says "Can we adopt you?" (I'm totally a grown person and not adoptable). 

So basically it's been a good experience and I've learned some good stuff here. Right now I'm running the Financial Secretary's job and my job here and trying to get it all set up and I don't think I've ever worked this diligently in anything. Totally weird. 

The security cameras and vandalism...well, it's Mexico. I guess it's for vandalism but also for just general security. At our old offices we had a guard and he watched cameras all over the grounds, too but here we don't have that, so we have our own just for the front gate. Nothing super dangerous has really ever happened in my time in the offices. One time in Monterrey a drunk guy jumped the fence and cut his hands up by doing it and tried to get into the office to get money, but he really wasn't dangerous. 

Saltillo is a lot cooler temperature wise. We're in the richer part of the city so there's like everything we need right by the office (basically the opposite of the offices in Monterrey) but in Monterrey we lived right next to the office. We literally hoped the fence to our backyard there and that was nice because we could work late when we needed to and just come and go but here we're about 15 minutes walking from the office. Not as nice, but we live in a gated street and it's a really nice house (the best one I've ever lived in) so I'm not complaining. 

I think that's really all that I have to write. 

Thanks for everything. I'm glad I'm here and have the time I have left. 

Heart you,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment