MONTERREY MEXICO WEST MISSION
AUGUST 2011-AUGUST 2013





"WHAT YOU GET IN THE HEREAFTER DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE AFTER HERE"

Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 10, 2011

Hey family!

Belize huh? That's way cool! You definitely have got to send me some pics and stuff. My district was like "Where is that?" and I said "Umm...like an island in central America?" I literally don't even know. Looks like all those years at the good 'ol Red Mountain High are paying off! Seriously, that's awesome though! You've gotta tell me all about it and stuff! Hopefully you'll still have like internet but if not, it's cool.

This week has been an awesome week! I've learned a whole bunch and I also decided not to be boring. Literally that was one of my desicions. We had this guy, Chad Lewis come and talk to us (He plays for the Eagles) and show us pictures of him in Tiwan (and he's like totally huge and stuff and had the total 80's glasses and all of that) and it really made me just want to be myself. I garuntee you people won't know what to think of me but I'm more than okay with that! The Lord called me on this mission to this place because I am me and as weird as I am, my personality can help I'm sure. Plus being boring is lame.

This week one of the Elders in my district got sick with something and he was throwing up all the time, couldn't keep any food down and all this stuff so we took three hour shifts with him while he layed in bed. Aunt Deana hooked him up with a TV in his room to watch church videos and stuff and I went to the cafeteria and got a butt load of like yogurt, ice cream, and all this stuff. This cafeteria lady like knew what was up and totally hooked him up so that was sweet too. It reminds me of UD whenever he like gets stuff like that, does that make sense? Like the time we were at Chipotle and we got like stalely chips but we ate almost all of them anyway and then you told him to get new ones or something and he gets like a gift card? Totally the best. This is totally how stuff like that would go: Dylan would say "Dad, how did you get that??" and UD would say "Because I'm flippin' crazy dude!"
Que bueno! I miss that.

But so yeah, everytime I was in there I just chilled and talked with him or if he was sleeping I'd study but it was nice. It was funny because he got excited that I had a shift because I always talk with him and I'm like "Well, what does everyone else do?" and he told me they sit on the other side of the room and read and stuff. I was like for real?? How lame! So we talked about how my companion seriously picks his nose and eats it now that my sick buddy was a witness to that. IT IS GROSS. I don't say anything because I don't like be contentious. Let's just say this: If my companion and I were out side the MTC we might not ever be friends. Ever. But here, he is a great person and we get a long just fine.

Anyway, enough about that. I just had to tell somebody. I am seriously bummed about those pictures! I can't believe they fell out. How lame. Oh well. At least I'm in the MTC and not Mexico, but I will be in Mexico in 19 days! I get my travel plans this week and I get to host new missionaries this week, and we get a new district in our zone this week so I'll get to welcome them in and everything too which will be cool. And then this Sunday I will get released as the Zone Leader because I WILL BE GOING TO MEXICO AFTER THAT. Sorry, I'm kind of excited about that part.

So, yeah. Things are pretty routine here, though. I probably say that every time but a lot of times I don't know what to talk about because nothing changes that much. I study every single day, so much, oh and it's crazy because I work pretty diligently and I don't think I ever have been this diligent in my whole life. It's crazy how much I've learned just being here and how much I've grown up, really. Like, obviously I'll never really grow up (let's be honest Aunt Stephy, we're pretty alike) but that's okay because I'm down with that, but I mean I've learned so much about being responsible, tenacious, charitable, and just all of this stuff. It's really great for me to be here, but I am not here for me. I am definitely here for those people down in Mexico.

The happiness of this gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ, has brought so much joy to my life. Seriously, it's a happiness unlike anything of this world and I am so grateful to have it. There is literally nothing like it and every single person needs to experience this. They have NO IDEA how much it would help them in their lives! I have got to let people know and I am so excited to do so!

Thank you for all of your support, family. You are the best, for real. As for the Haloween package, I haven't recieved that one yet, I got the one with the air freshener and the pants and stuff so thank you for that! And I will keep my eye out for the Haloween one. I'll be able to tell you how that holiday is in Mexico in one of my first emails! My teacher, who is the funniest most sarcastic man of my life, served in Mexico city and he said they didn't go outside much on that day because it was crazy, so we will see!

I know more than anything that I have ever known that this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that this work that I am a part of spreading to every nation is the only way to live with God after this life. I know that these things are true because Heavenly Father has made them known unto me through the Holy Ghost. If I were to deny them, I garuntee you things would not go well for me after this life. If you are unsure, if you have ever wondered about these things, get a copy of the Book of Mormon, read it with real intent, and pray and ask God if it is true and you WILL know what I know. Why would you not do it? Becuase it takes effort and time? You have to do something you've never done before? I'm telling you, trying this out will change your life as it has changed mine. Read, and ask God. You will find a happiness and joy I garuntee you have never felt before. I know this is the true Church of Jesus Christ and I am so grateful to have this opportunity to help in His work.

I love you.
I miss you.
Keep being the best.
Have fun on Vacation.
Talk to you all again soon.

Much love,
Elder Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment