Hey!
How was the vacation? Or is? I don't know if you still are there or not. That's crazy about the passports! But I'm glad you got everything worked out. Seriously, and I'm sure Hawaii wasn't too bad either. I actually have a friend who lives there! Tiffany Holder (But I'm like 600% you wouldn't have recognized her even if you saw her there so no worries. Just something cool). Tell me all about it!
I'll tell you a little bit about my week, I guess.
So, We got another new district to bring in this week so that went well and this is OUR LAST WEEK HERE IN THE MTC which I am freakin' stoked for. Not that I didn't like my time here, because I did, but I got called to Mexico and not Provo. So anyway, we're waiting on our visas right now because apparently we still don't have them which blows! But I've been praying because we have our flight plans for Monday at 5am! And I really don't want to stay here longer than I have to but I know everything will work out the way it's supposed to. I literally have basically 6 days left. Also, this week the new Zone Leaders will shadow us and then we'll leave so hopefully we'll be able to do a good job training them. They'll be from the brand new district that just got here this week, which is crazy.
As for other things, my companion and I have taught 1 horrible lesson and a bunch of really good ones. We've learned so much and I cannot wait to get to Mexico. My entire district (which has been reduced to 6 of us because the other 6 left to the MTC in Peru) all have the same travel plans so that will be very cool!
Also, I don't know what...person decided it would be a good idea to switch us to Winter rules (where we always have to wear a suit coat) and crank all of the AC's to 80 minimum, but it kind of is the worst. I just look at it as I'll probably be sweating way more than that in Mexico without a suit coat, so you know. No worries there either.
I have a bunch of pictures to send (I printed off some before that SD card went MIA in the mail) so I will mail you those along with another SD card this week. Oh, and I got the halloween package. Totally the best. I wore a fake mustache all day and a tattoo arm, too. Totally awesome.
Really nothing too exciting has taken place in recent weeks. I've just been trying to better myself every way that I can before I get out to Mexico!
CARLY - Happy birthday. You're awesome.
Definitely give me some updates on you all! I should leave on October 24th, which is Monday, so feel free to send me letters as long as they'll get here before then!
Oh, that also means I'll get to call home at the airport, most likely from Texas because I have a three hour layover there, but I will send another email out before I leave, most likely on Saturday. If I don't, it means I didn't get my visa and may be here longer. I will definitely let you know! That's when I can give you more like the time of the call realatively and stuff like that. Just let me know which number would be the best to call! Definitely don't want to leave a message!
What else, what else...
Oh, you asked for anything else that I want before I leave to Mexico. I'm pretty sure I just have one thing. A BLACKLIGHT. Those scorpions are going to be out for my Asian blood so I have to take them out before they can get me. You know they have like the vendetta against Taylor and I. I mean, we probably only killed like 500 of them one Summer.
Anyway, unless you can think of anything else that would be great to have, that's all I'm thinkin' so far.
UD, I got your letter! I acutally haven't had a chance just yet to sit down and read it all, but I'm pretty sure I'll do okay with it. I read the first few lines and it went well, so thank you for that.
Family, thank you for everything. I hope you had a fun time in Hawaii or are having a fun time there. I love you all so much and am so grateful for each one of you in my life. From UD all the way down to Reese. Granny, too. I love you all. Thank you, thank you. Keep being the best ever! I'm just trying my hardest out here and I know that the Lord will help me with the rest. I fall short a lot in my goals and in what I want to do, but that's okay. I pray for you all everyday, like 20 times a day.
I love you all.
I miss all of you.
I will talk to you real soon.
I know more than anything that this is the truth. I know it. It's too real for me to deny. I could never because I have received a testimony of these things through the Holy Ghost and now I want nothing more than to share that testimony with everyone I ever see. You know what you have to do to know the things I know, and anyone can know them! It's so easy. The Lord wants this knowledge for everyone, but we receive no testimony until after the trial of our faith. I know this is true.
I love you, family.
Elder Wheeler
What an amazing missionary! Keep working hard Elder Wheeler!!! Love, The Gygi's
ReplyDelete