Hey family!
So, yes I did get my visa! My whole district went to the Mexico consulate in Salt Lake City (Which in this part of SLC it felt like Mexico) and we were able to get out visas! Also, I realize I told different people different travel plans because my travel plans have changed like three times because of this visa thing, but now I will officially be leaving Monday from here to SLC, then to Dallas/Ft. Worth, then to Monterrey Mexico. I don't have my travel plans with me right now, though so I can't tell you specific times. Nice, I know. But I believe my flight from Salt Lake leaves at 8 am on Monday and then I'll get to Dallas/Ft. Worth and have a three hour layover, so that is where I will most likely call from. I'll call the house number if that sounds good! Hopefully you'll be there. I don't know if the kids will be in school or whatever, but I apologize for not knowing the times! I'll see about sending another email probably this evening with the exact times (but even then I don't know if they change the times through the time zones or not on my travel plans, so I'll do my best. Not too helpful, I know. I apologize).
As for other things, I have been pretty freakin' sick since Tuesday. It's totally blown chunks. I have had a 101.5 fever, strep throat, nausea, I get really, really cold to the point where my fingers were like going numb, then I'd get really hot and start sweating like a sicko, I would have constant really bad headaches, aches, tiredness but inability to sleep, etc. Anyway, the gist is that this week have been real rough for me. I spent two days in my bed and one day in sick bay. This morning is the first morning I've felt well enough to like go and do stuff so I'm so grateful for that because well or not, I was going to take that flight out of here to Mexico on Monday.
On Wednesday my companion and I got selected to demonstrate teaching for the new missionaries. It was us and 7 other companionships. When we got to the meeting the guy says "We've brought you here because you're the best of the best." So I immediately thought of Men In Black when he says "Your boy Captain America over here. 'The best of the best of the best, sir! With honors. He's just really excited and has no idea why we're here." So I laughed for a while about that.
The MTC is being flooded with Portuguese elders, none of which should be here. They're all supposed to be at the MTC in Brazil, but none of them can get their visas. A bunch of them just got reassigned to Texas, Spanish speaking. Enjoy is all I can say. I was thinking for a little while that we were going to get a reassignment because we've had our visas in since, what April or May? And we just got them yesterday afternoon. Ridiculous, but I am grateful. I was aiming for a New York Spanish speaking reassignment, but I'm okay with just going to Mexico too, you know.
I'm glad the Vacation still worked out! Aunt Deana is so funny. She was like "Only Steph and Dan would have to 'downgrade' a vacation from Belize to Hawaii." I was laughing about that. But I am glad it was fun and everything. I watched the videos and looked at all the pictures. That's so awesome. I'll try and send my last batch of MTC pictures today.
Thank you for everyone's emails. I love getting them. I saw Brother Rhoner (Elder Rhoner) and his wife here at the MTC so that was pretty cool. Him and I and Brad (Elder Frost) were talking and stuff.
I'm so excited to take off here to Mexico! It is going to be so awesome. I'm a little worried about my ability to understand fast Spanish (or Spanish in general) but I'm sure it will come with time despite the fact that I feel like I need that ability now more than ever. I can speak pretty well, hold a conversation, teach the gospel, and tell jokes so I'm okay there. I guarantee the people of Mexico won't know what to think of me, but fortunately I'm totally okay with that.
I'm so grateful for you, family, and everything you've helped me with to get here. I honestly could not have made it here without you all. I can guarantee that. Granny, too. She's helped me so much. All of you are seriously the best and thank you for your unwavering support. In two days I'll be in another country, but I know there is nowhere else I should be right now. I'm glad Kate enjoyed that note about her one letter in two years. I'm serious about that! At least just one. Also, today is officially Carly's birthday, but since I wished her a happy birthday last Monday, I won't do it again, but I will tell her that since I've been sick, I'll drift into like five minute snoozes and have weird dreams and one time I dreamt about Milo? We were like friends and stuff.
Anyway, I love you all. Thank you so much for everything. I'll let you know what Mexico is like. Thank you for all the packages and letters. You're the best. I encourage no one to send me anything to the MTC address anymore, because I won't receive it and if anything does come, they throw it away. So, yeah. Anyway, I love you a ton and I will call from Dallas/Ft. Worth. I can't wait to see you all again, but I can't wait to get to Mexico, either. I'll definitely let you know how it is every week for the next twenty-two months!
Much love,
Elder Wheeler
No comments:
Post a Comment