Hola familia!
How is everything going! I got the package with pants, soap, and the air freshner thing and thank you a whole bunch! It was awesome. I guess they just take a little while to finally get here or something. Who knows!
Things with me are going pretty excellent! Even though I'm not the best teacher and I don't have great Spanish, I am so excited to go to Mexico! Now I just hope the visas will come on time. I don't want to be like Tyler who was here for like three months! not that I don't like it here because every single day I learn so much, but I just can't wait to get out there and talk to every person I ever see. I'm so excited.
So like I lost my ID and I couldn't find it so I bought a new one and then, of course, I found the old one. So I'll mail the old one to you because I can't do anything with it. I figure you would like it more than I would.
This week has gone pretty well, though. General Conference was really cool here. I don't think I've ever paid attention so much. I felt like the prophet and the apostoles (Spanish spelling?) were totally talking right to me for the most part. It was really great.
My Spanish is coming along pretty well. It's not great but this week we're not speaking any English at all. It'll probably be tough, but I'm just going to do my best! I like to talk English in Gym and in my room, but I won't be able to in Mexico so that's over. The teaching is getting better and better. I learn new things every day and it really is just cool. I feel like every time someone speaks to us or teaches us it's like this huge eye opening experience of all these things I never thought of. It's so weird.
Taylor wrote me which was way cool! Oh and I see Brad all the time. Elder Frost I mean. Spencer and I had the same meal times, gym times, and he lived right above me but Brad has his schedule different but I still see him all the time, so that's good. He's so awesome.
I sent home my SD card, hopefully you got it.
Really not much has changed since last week other than I've started counting down the days left in the Missionary Training Center rather than the days I've been here. I literally have three weeks left! I cannot wait!
I'm like running out of things to talk about because everything is so routine here. The food is always bad so I've started not eating that much. Not like in a bad way. Besides, I have to get used to the Mexican eating schedule which is a small breakfast, huge lunch, and basically almost nothing for dinner.
My companion and I have really been trying to get the zone to get passionate about speaking Spanish and it's really working I think. Even the new districts try so hard. We've also done a lot to try and unify our zone, for instance, today we're all going early to the temple to have breakfast there as a zone. I think it will be really cool.
I've also been trying to be tenacious. That's the thing I've been working on the hardest and I blame UD for that desire. Anytime I'm faced with a problem I try to get a solution no matter what it takes. I seriously remember this one time talking with Uncle Dan in front of the courthouses. I don't even remember why we were there that time because it feels like we went like every week, but I always remember we talked about being tenacious and I think back to that all the time now. UD, you've been such an awesome example to me. I want that tenacity you have and how you always get a solution no matter what it takes. You've been such an incredible teacher to me and have taught me things I would have never learned except through mistakes. I can never repay you for that, but I hope that I can make you proud because I'm proud to be a part of your family.
Oh, I got the video on the SD card! Funniest thing of my life! Holy, holy I love all of you. That was so great. Definitely feel free to do stuff like that all the time!
Paula, I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T WRITTEN YOU BACK YET! I'm working on it! I'll get you a letter today, I promise. I just get so busy but I love your letters. Thank you, thank you.
I also got letters from the Alfonzo's and Dinah. Tell them that they are totally the greatest.
So basically, that's me. Nothing really exciting.
Everyday I give my best and then some. That's something else I'm really working on is just pushing myself beyond what I think my limits are. Oh, and always being happy and full of energy. Those people deserve the fun Elder Wheeler that you all like, so why not be that one everyday?
The list of attributes I'm working on would be way overly extensive so maybe I won't go off on those. Not important, but I have a question! Do you think you could send me like a copy of the Reflections of Christ? I really want to watch that during movie time on Sunday. That would SO be the best!
Family, thank you for everything that you have done for me and are doing for me. I literally would not be here if it were not for your support. I owe you everything. You've taught me things, been such examples to me, and literally I hope that my family will be at least half of what ours is. Austen, Savannah, Dylan, and Reese, you are so the best. I cannot wait to see you again! Keep being awesome and don't do anything Prince wouldn't do.
I have that new picture of us up on my desk as well as the old picture that we took a while back. They are the best. All of those pictures were so great. Thank you so much Aunt Stephy. Literally I could not have dreamed of a better support than you. In my life as well as here on the mission. You are honestly the best. That picture of Ryan, Taylor and I made me laugh so much. You have got to send a copy to each of them. I know they will treasure that because I do.
Anyway, I've gotta split but I love you so much. Thank you for being the best, it means a lot.
I pray for you all everyday!
Love you so much,
Elder Wheeler
No comments:
Post a Comment