Hey!
So this week has been pretty good! We were able to have some good lessons and we also had a family night with the Gonzaga family. We have a couple named Sergio and Olga who have a one-year-old son and they're really great people. I started teaching them when I first got here, but we didn't really have a lot of sucess. Just about a month ago we started teaching them again but we weren't able to get them to accept getting married. My comp and I decided to fast, which we all know I never would ever choose to fast, but I really felt like it was what we should do. So we decided to do it. I totally felt like garbage the whole day. Then we had an appointment with them, and they weren't there. So we figured maybe it just wasn't supposed to happen. Then the day after we went to the Gonzaga's house and I was talking with the mom, Argelia. She told us about how Olga had come over to her house that morning talking to her about getting married to her husband and how she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it. They talked for a few hours apparently, and Argelia was able to help her see how it was really what they needed to do for their family. We had a family night with them, and they accepted the invitation to get married and to get baptized. I was excited because I don't think I've ever had a spiritual experience from fasting. Ever. But fasting works. So it was good. Tomorrow I think we will go put the date for their wedding and everything. It will be great. I'll let you know what happens.
As for other things, we had some people in church on Sunday. I'll let you know how they progress, too. We gave talks on missionary work and the new plan and everything. I think it went well. They also had two sisters who we've worked with a lot give testimonies: Mayra and Argelia. They're really awesome. Even though this could be my last week in this area, because I have about six months here now, I am confident that the work will continue well here. This ward has been totally awesome.
On Saturday I was crazy sick. Like the second worst sick I've ever been in my life. We did nothing all day. I just was throwing up like crazy. I couldn't even sleep because of how bad my stomach hurt, but now I am totally better. I'm guessing it was something that I ate (Go figure.)
But anyway, I'll let you know what happens. Life is good with me. Next time I email, I'll still be here. Changes are the day after.
The halloween stuff looked totally hilarious. Austen, congratulations on your license! Totally awesome. Miss you all tons.
Much love,
Elder Wheeler
No comments:
Post a Comment