MONTERREY MEXICO WEST MISSION
AUGUST 2011-AUGUST 2013





"WHAT YOU GET IN THE HEREAFTER DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE AFTER HERE"

Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8, 2012

October 8, 2012


Hello Family.

Aunt Steph, I´ll definitely keep that in my prayers. I hope everything goes well! I love you tons. I´m pretty sure you´re my favorite person on the planet. Let me know for sure how it goes! And I´m glad you liked conference. I thought it was totally awesome and we had some investigators there who for sure felt the spirit and really liked it as well. I´ll let you know how they progress. 

Me, my comp, and Hermano Guajardo! 


An activity we prepared had called ¨Memories from my mission¨ where we invited all the returned missionaries to bring stuff from their missions (like pictures, journals, anything) to show everyone and we had like an exebition and everyone loved it :D



As for being here in the mission, I´ve learned a lot of things. I guess when I start out my sentence like that it sounds like I´m going home soon, but not really. I´ve just been thinking about all the stuff I´ve learned and how I´ve been able to keep a bigger picture of everything in my head. 

A lot of times we only see the things that are right in front of us like our problems, things that stress us out, people who are completely crazy and somehow wind up talking to us and causing us more problems and all kinds of stuff, but we have to try and see what our loving Heavenly Father sees on the grand scheme of things. We can avoid doing things that are totally insignificant, but obviously still do stuff that´s totally hilarious and entertains us, but truly we have the oppourtunity to help so many people every day and give them hope for the future, which is what a lot of people need (especially in this country right now). For example, my companion and I work hard, but really we just want to help everyone we meet, whether they be members of the church or not. At the end of my mission, I´m not going to count how many people I baptized, how many lessons I taught, or any of that becuase they don´t matter at all, but I´m going to reflect on if I did my best to help everyone in any way that I could. That´s what makes me happy and that´s why I like being here. Even if it is a big price to leave everything I have, especially you guys, I know it´s what the Lord wants. He wants us all, wherever we are, to be a light in other´s lives and help them out. 

But anyway, just something I was thinking about. Also, this week I got up at like 3am one morning to go to the bathroom, and the something shoots out at my feet and I yelled some words...jumped in the air, smashed into the sink and knocked it over so it was leaning against the wall, hit the lightswitch so it was dark and started laughing because I realized what had just ran into my feet was a mouse. So I turned on the light and my companion and I trapped it and...disposed of it. I knew we had a mouse in our house becuase we´ve been trying to catch it for a while. Now it´s all over. For him.




And conference was great. It´s getting colder here finally. I still use those gloves Car gave me for Christmas a while back all the time. You know, the ones without fingers so I look homeless? Aka the best gloves ever. And that´s about it on my end. Things are going great with me. No complaints. Content. 

You´re the bomb, family! Miss you tons.
Much love,
Elder Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment